Motion Control Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience developing software for motion control firmware.
- Proficiency with C++, with experience in both embedded and host domains.
- Proficiency with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Capability to work independently on technology development projects.
- Good understanding of motion control, experience with motion controllers in the past a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a specialization in Control Systems.
- Develop new and enhance existing control algorithms including: models, simulation, code generation and actual testing and measurements.
- Execute implementation of technology into the product framework/architectural schemes.
- Design various control algorithms like extended pole placement regulators, filters, velocity observers based on frequency-based characterization of sub-system and plant.
- Develop and /or adapt various DSP algorithms.
- Implement control/DSP code in C/C++ and/or MATLAB code generators
- Work with product managers to develop technical requirements.
- Train engineers on technology and implementation, including engineering documentation.
- Participate with department managers on technology roadmap.
- Coordinate with peer developers.