Our client, an International Big Box Retail company, with offices just outside of Seattle WA, has asked us to partner with them to hire an IT Auditor a focusing on the company's internal IT audits.
The SR IT Auditor is part of the Internal Audit Department whose responsibility is to safeguard company assets through assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; identifying areas of potential revenue enhancement and/or cost reductions; and ensuring transactions are authorized, executed, and recorded as intended.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage individual audit engagements from planning through to final reporting, ensuring completion in a timely and quality manner.
- Prepare formal written workpapers and reports, documenting audit work performed, and expressing conclusions on control adequacy consistent with department and IIA standards.
- Understand key IT and automated business processes and perform testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls within those processes (General IT Controls and Automated Business Controls).
- Test key reports for completeness and accuracy through validation of report logic (code review), source data, and input parameters.
- Assist IT Audit management in the development of the annual IT Audit plan, including defining scope, budget, and resource scheduling/allocation.
- Provide training, guidance and daily support to IT Audit staff. Foster an atmosphere that focuses on high performance expectations, including meeting deadlines and achieving departmental quality metrics.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of staff auditor workpapers and reports, providing constructive feedback through coaching notes.
- Communicate progress of audits, including any identified deficiencies, to IT Audit management on a timely basis.
- Perform pre-implementation reviews for large-scale process/systems implementation projects.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, finance, or accounting from an AACSB-accredited university (MS or MBA is a plus).
- At least one of the following professional certifications: CISSP, CISA, CIA, or CPA.
- Minimum 4 years IT auditing experience or a combination of auditing and information security experience (public accounting experience from a Big 4 firm is preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: SAP, Oracle, SQL, AS400, Windows, Linux/AIX.
- Solid understanding of the COSO framework, COBIT, SOX 404, and PCAOB auditing standards.
- Knowledge/experience with data security and privacy regulations (e.g. PCI, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA).
- Working knowledge of audit project management tools and methodology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.