Data Solutions Architect (Snowflake)
Search Discovery Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Why Search Discovery?
Our purpose is to enable people to thrive so that businesses can thrive. We believe that the work you do should matter - it should be meaningful to you professionally and personally, and it should have a positive impact on both you and our clients. We are committed to creating an incredible place where passionate and determined people can do incredible things. If you love data, like to solve problems, want to work with amazing people, and create new technology — then this is the place for you.
In this position you will provide strategic guidance and solution architectures to clients across cloud platforms, data warehousing, Big Data processing, Business Intelligence and Customer Data Platforms. This role will also involve supporting business development or client service team members crafting statements of work, estimating project costs, and developing go to market solutions and services. Internally the role will involve mentoring internal data engineers developing their capabilities, delivery best practices, etc. To be successful in this role you thrive as a strategic thinker, a people leader, and provide engineering delivery excellence.
What you need to have
- 10+ years experience creating and delivering data solution architectures and strategies.
- Cloud data warehouse services experience with Snowflake (Redshift, BigQuery, or Athena - Bonus Points).
- Experience in one or more cloud solutions: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience in a client services environment is a plus.
- Business Intelligence Platform experience: Domo, Power BI, Tableau or others.
- Data integration and Big Data platform experience.
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, mongodb).
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake).
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms or Marketing Technology platforms (Bonus Points).
- Commitment to embodying our Core Values of Pioneering, Humility, Craftsmanship, Judgment, Resilience, Accountability, Vision, and Wellness.
What you'll be doing
- Work with business development and client services team members to provide sales support and subject matter expertise in the realm of data engineering.
- Understand the data technology landscape providing vision on new technologies and engineering capability needs.
- Create and delivery solution architectures on data technologies to support client's business needs.
- Develop and mentor other data engineers on the team and oversee delivery of projects.
- Ability to be hands on and implement solutions alongside other team members.
What you need to achieve
- Providing solution architectures and delivering data engineering projects to support new client revenue growth of $750K in 2021
- Develop solutions and services across our Snowflake partnership
- Support building out data engineering capabilities across cloud and data technologies.
What we offer you:
We provide an industry-leading total rewards package for our people that includes the basics (competitive merit-based compensation, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, matching 401k) as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, generous time-off and holiday schedule, parental leave, flexibility for personal obligations, significant investments in growth and development, multiple paths to choose from in your career journey, and more!
More importantly, we can offer you a challenging and rewarding experience with a diverse team of people that are highly collaborative, aligned, and that truly care about one another.
If all this resonates with you and you want to add to our team and culture, apply today!