Cannabis Trimmer at Nature's Path
Sean Delohery Corvallis, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Nature's Path is an OLCC licensed cannabis farm in Corvallis, OR. Our light-dep greenhouse operation is harvested twice a month and provides a steady supply of cannabis ready to be hand trimmed by our crew. We are currently seeking to expand our team with a full time trimmer, or a pair of part time trimmers that can fill around 40-50 hours per week of work.
Cannabis Trimmers are responsible for executing protocols and standard operating procedures for all phases of the finished product, including: harvest, drying, bucking and trimming consistent with Nature’s Path standards. This includes regular upkeep and sanitation of all work areas associated with the role. As well as Detailed recordkeeping and strict adherence to the company’s operating procedures, and compliance with the OLCC state regulations is essential for this position.
REPORTS TO: Trim Manager
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Have a strong attention to detail and consistency in the quality of work being done in each task.
- Hand trimming buds that have been dry bucked and cured.
- Bucking dried buds from branches.
- Hanging freshly harvested plants to dry and potentially assisting with all stages of the harvest process.
- Work as a team under the guidance of the Trim Manager to ensure all production goals are on schedule
- Ability to adapt to unplanned changes to the daily/weekly/monthly plan
- Inspection of the buds for any signs of mold or other problems; report any issues to the Trim Manager immediately.
- Maintain safe working practices and report occurrences of diversion(theft), loss, or workplace hazards to management immediately.
- Maintain proper cleanliness and organization standards in all areas of the farm
- Accurate tracking and recording of data during each phase of the dry/cure/trim process.
- Ensure the appropriate information is accurate and listed clearly in accordance with the OLCC regulations and company standard operating procedures.
- will utilize management to ensure proper understanding of each task and its standard operating procedure.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Have an interest in understanding all stages of cannabis cultivation, and a willingness to quickly learn about harvesting, curing and trimming of premium cannabis.
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player.
- Demonstrate ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment.
- Must have a valid OLCC marijuana handlers card.
- Must be 21+, with a valid State ID, with no violent crime or controlled substance felonies and able to pass additional background screening.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: 2 to 3 years working in a team environment, 1+ years working in an OLCC licensed cannabis production facility (prefered, not required)
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as standard operating procedures, the employee handbook and other company documents.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR TRAINING:
- Knowledge of OLCC cannabis regulations
- Knowledge of cannabis medical/health benefits (preferred but not necessary).
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hard to ensure plants are given ongoing attention and required care.
- Strong attention to detail in accurate recordkeeping.
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow with the company, improve cultivation skills and gain greater knowledge of cultivation processes.
- Integrity and respect toward others.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve company goals.
- Ability to work some holidays, and weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days or overtime on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work early morning, daytime, or evening hours.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Personal transportation is required.
The Cannabis Trimmer position can be very active and at times requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of this job.
Regularly required to do the following activities:
- Extensive walking throughout the greenhouse environment.
- Standing, or working from hands and knees for long periods without a break.
- Ability to safely lift 30 to 40 pounds and carry a distance of one hundred feet, multiple times for up to an hour without a break.
- Work under High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lighting, and high temperatures for long periods without a break.
- Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn with hands and perceive attributes of objects and materials such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
- Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or kneeling.
- Twist/rotate the upper torso.
- Reach up and out with hands and arms.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
AgricultureView all jobs at Sean Delohery