The Sealaska Heritage Institute is seeking an Education Administrative Assistant to join our team onsite in our Juneau, AK, offices. Under the direct supervision of the Education Director, this position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Education Department staff and programs.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities, such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department.
- Maintains Education Department program and budget electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Drafts correspondence for Education Department when necessary.
- Works with multiple online technologies, such as surveymonkey.com and google docs.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventories for Education Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and customer service orientation
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Ability to work well on own initiative and within a team
- Proficient in computer applications, including word processors, spreadsheets database software, and online survey applications
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and attentive to detail
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Knowledge of Alaska Native cultures and education programming
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Three years of administrative experiences or equivalent office experience.
- Demonstrable skill using Excel in a professional capacity.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of administrative experiences or equivalent office experience
This position will have no direct reports.
This position’s duties are performed at the Walter Soboleff Building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time benefited position, working 37.5 hours a week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
None to minimal.