Facility Maintenance Staff
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Duties, Roles & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains Seagull Schools’ facilities; keep school’s building and infrastructure safe and functional
- Installs, repairs, and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and other plumbing equipment, and opens clogged drains, using appropriate tools
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Repairs or replaces electrical wiring and fixtures
- Manage irrigation maintenance
- Pressure washing
- Gutter maintenance and cleaning
- Building sandbox and maintenance
- Fence work and maintenance
- Windows and screens cleaning & maintenance
- Order and keep a good inventory of cleaning supplies for all schools
- Yardwork – trim hedges and bushes on a regular basis
- Inspects machinery and mechanical equipment for defects
- Support pest control services
- Removal and disposal of bulky items as needed
- Company truck maintenance
- Backup meal services delivery as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Follow local, state and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequent walking, standing, lifting, up to approximately 50 pounds, and occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to approximately 75 pounds may be required. Work is typically performed walking or standing. The environment also exposes the employee to potentially hazardous substances. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for diagnosing and repairing maintenance and mechanical problems; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, and hazards.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or General Education Certificate (GED)
- Must possess a valid Hawaii State driver’s license
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Proficient in the use of commons tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Eye for details
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually or as a team
- Strong time management skills
Work Authorization, Health and Security Clearance:
- Medical clearance from infectious diseases and other health issues in order to work in a child and applicable adult center environment
- Security clearance in order to work in a child and applicable adult center environment
Seagull Schools provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seagull Schools Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Seagull Schools Inc