Seagull Schools Inc Kailua, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the schools’ management team and associates to achieve a shared vision, mission, guiding values, major goals, continuous improvement, strategic plans and processes that are in the best interest of Seagull Schools as a whole, including all its associates, children and adults (clients), families, patrons and volunteers.
- Deliver clear and timely communication, consistent processes, uphold accountability and performance expectations to function as a cohesive team.
- Demonstrate personal leadership to foster a positive workplace environment with trust, respect, integrity, diversity, open communication, accountability, transparency, ethical and responsible action by each person involved and associated with the organization.
Business Office Administration
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in the daily office administration to support the programs, activities, and operations within Seagull Schools guidelines and tailored to the interests and needs of its associates, children and adults (clients), families, patrons and volunteers.
- Provide customer service by phone, in person, correspondence and email. Help answer questions or direct inquiries to the appropriate contacts; schedule external appointments and internal meetings as guided by the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Complete the detailed planning logistics and coordination for various internal meetings and external events as guided by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer in preparing, distributing, and tracking confidential reports, requests for proposals, and fund applications.
- Assist in drafting, assembling and distributing written communication for clients and donors.
- Diplomatically address and coordinate requests to interact with Chief Executive Officer. Assist Chief Executive Officer in organizing schedules, meeting minutes, and ticklers to follow up on action items.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating community outreach and fundraising campaigns, maintain public relations with clients, childcare referral resources, prospective workforce, community volunteers, universities, colleges, or community colleges.
- Assist with data entry and accounts payable processing.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer to coordinate communication and safety measures required for operational and natural disaster emergencies that impact the centers.
This job operates in a child/adult center environment and is based in an office. The position interacts with staff, visitors, agencies, vendors, volunteers, parents and children in classrooms and outdoor facilities on a daily basis. The employee must have the ability to demonstrate patience and politely deal with numerous interruptions, prioritize multiple tasks, offer assistance, and work with minimal supervision. There are deadlines and report requirements that require organization, planning, focus and detailed work at a desk and computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb and balance. There may be occasional need to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar degree.
- 3 years of full-time experience as an office coordinator or administrative assistant in a school or service environment.
- Highly proficient in using the computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, data files, and researching information.
- Effective command of verbal and written English language to communicate with internal and external contacts.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related business field or commensurate experience in education or nonprofit administration.
- Accounting experience is preferred but not required.
Work Authorization, Health and Security Clearance
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Medical clearance from infectious diseases and other health issues in order to work in a child and applicable adult center environment.
- Security clearance in order to work in a child and applicable adult center environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to an insured vehicle with valid registration and safety check.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seagull Schools Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Seagull Schools Inc