1. Financially Responsible for Project:
Job cost report and budget management, change orders, approving vendor payments, purchase orders, reviewing and vetting proposals, providing financial summaries to customer, customer billing and collecting payments and bidding.
Oversight of project schedule, communicating customer selections to the field in a timely manner and communicating schedule to customer.
3. Customer Experience:
Plan development from preconstruction to completion, weekly customer updates, monthly financial updates, customer selections, customer walks, all communication, problem solving and forward thinking and providing an exceptional and enjoyable customer experience.
1. Delivering and executing the Seagate Mission
2. Reviews construction drawings.
3. Oversees the purchase order process.
4. Assists in making schedules for jobs.
5. Oversees the monthly billing and request for information submittals.
6. Ensures each job is closed out when completed.
7. Meets with customers and designers at job site.
8. Oversees the permitting process.
9. Responsible for job cost, profitability and reports.
10. Manages change orders for customers and subcontractors.
11. Works with customers throughout all phases of the job and acts as customer liaison.
12. Ensures punch list is completed.
13. Ensures quality control is being followed.
14. Returns new customer phone calls within 24 business hours.
15. Schedules prompt and convenient estimate appointments for customers.
16. Delivers estimate package to customer.
17. Inspects completed job and ensures customer satisfaction.
18. Employs customer code of ethics.
19. Collects payment for each job in accordance with contract and company policies.
20. Responsible for all customer meetings at job site.
21. Organizes all files related to the project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Custom Home Project Manager must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion:
Since our Custom Home Project Manager will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam or similar software and Microsoft Outlook.
4+ years in market, custom home project management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license