- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President, Human Resources
PURPOSE: To coordinate recruitment process for Seabury to include candidate sourcing, advertising, interviewing, and selection of best possible candidates for Seabury. Develop and maintain established partnerships with area schools, universities and colleges to source the best talent. Responsible for investigation and resolution of employee relations. Support managers in communication and fair application of all company policies, and provide guidance and counsel in performance management situations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: Undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3-5 years Recruiting experience. Experience in a healthcare environment desirable. Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or equivalent HRIS .
- Proven recruitment and selection skills – expertise in candidate sourcing and tracking
- Knowledge of HR Law and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Employee Relations expertise
- Ability to deal with sensitive HR issues with tact, sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to gain credibility with management
- Strong technical expertise with HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now preferably)
- Strength in process documentation and process management
- Strong computer skills – complete competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS systems
- Read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to stand and present before large groups
- Able to hear and see
- Technologically astute
- Coordinate the hiring process for Seabury – work through dept. hiring managers and recruitment coordinators, to manage process – define and hire to competencies, etc. Screens all applicants before hire.
- Research and pursue new recruitment sources for the best candidates – internet – schools, etc.
- Follow up with all new hires and managers before the end of probation to aide in retention efforts and ascertain employee satisfaction
- Support managers in disciplinary action and performance coaching in assigned departments
- Prepare documentation for unemployment hearings
- Partner with VP in managing Employee Recognition Programs
- Assist in coordination and delivery of New Hire Orientation
- Resolve Employee Relations issues for assigned employee groups. Monitor trends and advise VP of HR as to issues
- Manage or contribute to special projects as assigned, eg; revision of employee handbook and policies as needed
- Work with VP to establish procedures to accompany policies as revised in handbook
- Manage or contribute to special projects as assigned
Who We Are: Seabury is a premier Active Life Plan Community located on 66 acres of beautiful Connecticut countryside. We have a comprehensive continuum of care and services that includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Services, a Home Health Agency, and Wellness Clinic. In addition, we offer Seabury At Home, an innovative, home-based life care program designed for individuals who prefer to age in place in their own home. As a free-standing not-for-profit Life Plan Community, Seabury is committed to providing excellence in health care, services, and accommodations with an emphasis on a “Wellness for Life” philosophy for both residents and staff.
What We Do: Seabury employees are passionate about providing Five-Star customer service and are committed to exceptional resident care. We live our company Vision every day by “Revolutionizing the Experience of Aging!”
What We Offer: Seabury employees have the benefit of being part of a dynamic organization that is moving into the future at an exciting pace. Employees are empowered and encouraged to develop their professional identity and enjoy the resources of a community committed to excellence.
All employees enjoy a 403B retirement benefit with considerable company matching, a free on-site fitness center, reduced-cost meals and more. On site amenities available to staff include a fitness pool, reduced cost personal training, massage, bistro, salon/spa, and free secure parking.
An excellent benefit package is available for employees who work 32 hours or more per week. Benefits include premium medical and dental insurance with generous company paid premium, vision coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation, illness and personal time off, tuition reimbursement, an outstanding company culture that encourages creativity and problem solving, a warm and engaged leadership team, and much more.
Seabury is conveniently located between Springfield and Hartford, five minutes off Interstate 91. Our employees enjoy highly competitive salaries and outstanding benefits as well as the knowledge that they work in a community that has consistently been cited as number one of its kind in the region.
Find out more about us:
Thank you for your interest in Seabury ~ we look forward to talking with you about how you can make an impact in the lives of our residents!
BusinessView all jobs at Seabury