Seabury is offering per diem opportunities to join our TRADITIONAL ASSISTED LIVING nursing staff. The position is open to RN and LPN applicants.
The working hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm.
This is a great opportunity to explore what Seabury has to offer employees including a great work culture and warm, approachable leadership. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer all employees the opportunity to join our retirement fund with matching dollars up to 5% of wages*!
PURPOSE: To coordinate, plan, execute and assess nursing care for residents in the Views Assisted Living and Independent Living at Seabury. To provide care coordination for all residents in aforementioned areas.
Licensing: Connecticut RN or LPN in good standing
Experience: Minimum 1 year Homecare or Assisted Living preferred; Long Term Care experience helpful. Experience working with seniors and elderly population desired or passion working with the elder population.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Strong nursing Assessment and technical skills – able to work independently
- Excellent hearing and sight
- Ability to walk distances and make house calls in the building (throughout the Seabury Campus)
- Expertise and comfort with technology - electronic medical records, familiarity with electronic documentation, intranet, various software packages
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills – customer service focus
- Prioritization skills – multi tasking ability to work in a fast paced and high intensity environment
- Calm in emergencies
- Strong organizational and filling skills for patient record keeping – electronic and paper
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays as assigned
- Able to accurately interpret and carry out physician orders including medication administration
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide patient care in Views and resident dwellings (on campus in-home visits and care)
- Provide emergency first aid care to everyone in the facility – residents, visitors, employees, volunteers – carries radio for this purpose
- Perform rounds based on medical management needs of individual residents in the Views
- Respond to emergency calls in the Views and Independent Living
- Participate in in- services, education – resident care conferences as needed
- Be alert to changes in resident conditions and reports to SALSA and provides appropriate follow-up to physicians and families.
- Handle patient record keeping using the electronic medical record system in place
- Supervise assigned CNA’s and companions in Views and Assisted Living Services
- Update the care plans for CNA’s performing resident care
- Abides by and promotes Seabury’s Mission and Service Standards
- Other duties as assigned
Residents, Staff, families, visitors, volunteers
Who We Are: SEABURY is a premier Life Plan Community located on 66 acres of beautiful Connecticut countryside. We have a comprehensive continuum of care and services that includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Services, a Home Health Agency, and Wellness Clinic. In addition, we offer Seabury At Home, an innovative, home- based life care program designed for individuals who prefer to age in place in their own home. As a free standing not- for-profit Life Plan Community, Seabury is committed to providing excellence in health care, services, and accommodations with an emphasis on a “Wellness for Life” philosophy for both residents and staff.
What We Do: Seabury employees are passionate about providing 5-Star customer service and are committed to exceptional resident care. We are empowered to think creatively to solve challenges and we are active stewards of our environment.
What We Offer: Seabury employees have the benefit of being part of a dynamic organization that is moving into the future at an exciting pace. Employees are empowered and encouraged to develop their professional identity and enjoy the resources of a community committed to excellence.
Seabury is conveniently located between Springfield and Hartford, five minutes off Interstate 91. Our employees enjoy highly competitive salaries and outstanding benefits as well as the knowledge that they work in a community that has consistently been cited as number one of its kind in the region. On site amenities available to all our staff include: pool, fitness center, massage, bistro, and free secure parking.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration and thank you for considering Seabury!
- 5% match begins after one year of employment.