We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
Place of Performance:
The Medical Assistant Services will be performed on-site in the Health Services Department at the FCC Yazoo City Federal Correctional Complex located at 2225 Haley Barbour Parkway, Yazoo City, Mississippi, 39194
The work schedule will normally consist of six (6) hours per day, Monday to Friday for 30 hours total per week, excluding Federal Holidays.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Provide nursing care to include, taking and recording patient history, vital signs, making appointments, assisting PA's and Physicians in clinical activities
- Draw blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes
- Collect and process Urinalysis
- Operate EKG machine and other specialized medical equipment in the management and coordination of patient clinics when scheduled
- Will assist primary providers in the urgent care room when necessary
- Screening eye exams and assist physicians and mid-level practitioners in minor surgical cases
- Maintain daily logs
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- $14.31 per hour plus $4.13 per hour for Health & Wellness ($18.44 per hour), Paid Federal holiday, sick time, vacation and Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life.
- Services under this contract will require frequent and unsupervised contact with inmates. The Contractor will not be responsible for the management of inmates other than those inmates involved in activities within the contractor's scope of work. The contractor shall attend an orientation program and agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution to better assure their safety and well-being.
Monitoring of Contractors:
- Performance will be monitored by the Health Services Administrator or designee.