Place of Performance:
The Dental Assistant Services will be performed on-site in the Health Services Department at FCC Yazoo City located at 2225 Haley Barboour Parkway, Yazoo City, Mississippi, 39194
The Dental Assistant will normally work Monday to Friday (except Federal Holidays), between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 2:30 p.m, with a 30 minute unpaid lunch. The Dental Assistant schedule shall not exceed 30 hours per week. The actual hours of work will be determined by the Health Services Administrator.
Education and Experiance:
The Dental Assistant shall possess specialty training from a licensed dentist and/or certification from an accredited Dental Assistant School. Training must include dental radiology and radiology safety. The Dental Assistant shall be CPR certified in accordance with the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association and have a minimum of two (2) years of experiance providing Dental Assistant services.
Description of Duties:
- Assists Dental Officer in dental specialty sections such as restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, prostherics, and examinations
- Retrieve patient record's and escort patients to proper dental specialty section; seats and prepare patient for attending Dental Officer
- Assists Dental Officer by preparing dental instruments, essential materials, drugs, and medications
- Passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and oprates aspirator
- Maintains records (both electronic and paper)
- Prepares Dental treatment room
- Prepares, places, and removes packs
- Places temp fillings
All duties shall be performed in accordance with standards and methods generally accepted within the field of Dental Assistant Services, and in compliance with all Federal and State policy and regulations. The contractor must be able to work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
$16.28 per hour plus $4.13 per hour for Health & Wellness, paid Federal Holidays, Vacations, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.