Process Automation Specialist
Seaboard Triumph Foods Sioux City, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32 to $36 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
SUMMARY: The Process Automation Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining all Plat dashboard systems (Allen Bradley SE) Servers and HMI’s, also helps with scheduled jobs and is heavily involved in day to day scripting. Work closely with factory floor operations and shipping/logistics to create customized workflows to meet operational needs. This position is a key technical resource, providing automation advice and technical support for the entire pork processing facility and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with all aspects of IT needs for construction phase of new plant, including determining needs and locations of cabling, wiring, power supplies, motor control centers, PLCs, etc. to meet the needs of each department and area in the facility.
- Aid in ensuring specifications for electric and IT infrastructure needs are met during construction.
- Support factory systems including Carlisle Warehouse Management, scales, printers, Allen Bradley PLC’s, plant floor systems, MPS, Leblanc, Dupps, Cut Floor and Box Handling Systems, etc., and personal computer systems as they interact with the factory.
- Maintain and improve IT systems. Will be responsible for the plant’s SE system and continue to expand our plant dashboard
- Create and schedule batch jobs/workflows.
- Troubleshoot processing problems and resubmit jobs as necessary and/or escalates the problem.
- Review history report trending on automated equipment.
- Solves or coordinates the solution of computer related problems and repairs for PC users.
- Resolves connectivity issues for factory users and systems.
- Administers access and application security responsibilities.
- Analyzes application performance deadlines.
- Assists with the development scheduling resolution/analysis skills and software knowledge.
- Work cross-functionally with database administrators, LINUX/Windows system administrators and other teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
- Apply application patches and perform upgrades of applications as needed.
- Configure, install and maintain connectivity with host computer devices. This includes understanding production lines, controllers, and device configurations.
- Defines and recommends objectives in area of responsibility.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in plant in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Provide timely and accurate performance information on all aspects of the operations at the plant within area of responsibility.
- Diagnose system issues and develop ways to pre-empt downtime by developing strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
- Arrange procurement of software, hardware or components for use in special projects or the repair or installation of equipment.
- Help support metal detectors and x-ray equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, PLC/HMI, or a related field. Or Associates Degree in IT, PLC/HMI or related field and 2+ years of hands on experience. Must have experience with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI. Must have experience with configuring wiring, cabling, servers, computers, and equipment. Must have experience sufficient enough to be comfortable making decisions and recommendations for facility systems.
Seaboard Triumph FoodsWhy Work Here?
Competitive pay. Automated facility. Many opportunities for development!
Good companies invest in their products. Great companies invest in their people. Seaboard Triumph Foods does both. As far as we are concerned, our corner of the world has two gold mines: its agricultural background and its talented workforce. We believe in rewarding both with advancement opportunities, beautiful facilities, strong benefits, and community involvement.
5555 Seaboard Triumph ParkwaySioux City, IA