We are seeking a Load Planner / Coordinator to join our team! The Load Planner / Coordinator will coordinate with customers and third parties to service contract freight volumes for our 20 truck fleet. This includes supplementing customer loads with spot freight to keep our fleet moving, troubleshooting issues arising during the course of each load, and managing driver expectations by effectively communicating schedules and coordinating with dispatch personnel.
- Maintain and improve execution of load planning and procurement
- Review and assign loads based time limitations set forth by customers and due to HOS.
- Closely coordinate with dispatch personnel to ensure proper deployment of each load and adjust schedules as needed
- Reviewing spot markets and obtaining supplemental freight via negotiating freight rates with third party logistics
- Communicate with drivers directly to make sure scheduling is meeting their needs to perform job safely within their limitations
- Troubleshoot issues arising during the course of each load by communicating with all parties involved.
- Shared responsibility with on-call / after hours support for drivers/customers
- Previous experience in freight brokerage, freight market research
- Negotiating skills
- Thorough knowledge of Trucking HOS limitations and safety regulations.
- Managerial experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
This is a management level position. Commitment to work and dependability are paramount.
Seaboard Express Transportation Ser
Why Work Here?SEABOARD EXPRESS is a family owned and operated, regional truckload carrier based in Prince George, Virginia. We operate a small fleet of modern vehicles and take pride in providing high level of customer service and on-time distribution and delivery services.
Small, family owned company! Great benefits! No drama, just truck driving.