Truck Driver Class A CDL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SEA VEE BOATS – Miami, FL
Employment Status: Full time
Seavee Boats is searching for a TRUCK DRIVER to operate company owned dually trucks hauling various loads, including brand new boats on trailers, to and from our various facilities in Florida. The candidate must possess extensive experience driving commercial trucks and hauling trailer loads. The Truck Driver interacts with our retail customers, various third-party vendors and marinas, and all of the departments at our factory and must possess the ability to communicate clearly and represent the Seavee brand. Seavee is a privately held entrepreneurial company that builds highly customized extremely high-quality boats for discerning customers. Truck operations are a foundational part of our success, and the Truck Driver is a critical team member of our enterprise.
We are looking for a licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Truck driver will work with the production manager, and other factory staff to pickup, haul and deliver loads from and to our Miami Factory. Loads can include boats on trailers, engines, finished fiberglass goods, raw goods, boats for warranty and service, and tools.
Truck driver is expected to take full responsibility for the securing of the load, loading and unloading. Loading and unloading will often require the operation of a fork truck also.
Trailers can be fifth wheel as well as hitch style. Area of operation includes the entire state of Florida, and sometimes out of state. Some overnight travel may be required on an infrequent basis.
- Drive and operate trucks, including duallies, and tow trailers, including fifth wheel and hitch style.
- Place flags, and other required safety gear as required.
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps.
- Pre-inspect trucks, and trailers.
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Load and unload cargo, ensuring the safety of the load at all times.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy
- Maintain a "Customer Friendly" and professional attitude when dealing with customers internal and external;
- Lead periodic inventory & stockroom reorganization projects which may occur outside of manufacturing normal operating hours, like after hours, or on weekends;
- Drive short and long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Minimum of 3 years over the road commercial truck driving experience, including towing trailer loads;
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL – Class A
- Certificate from an accredited CDL school
- 21 years or older
- H or X endorsements preferred
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ driving knowledge
- Forklift operator experience required
- Ability to lift 80 pounds repeatedly throughout day
- Able to pass random drug tests
- Clean driving record
- Listening and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers;
- Fluent in the English & Spanish languages with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach and has good decision-making skills;
- Must be willing to work all shifts, extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- Preferred Experience hauling boats, and marina ramp launching and retrieval.
We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values each employee. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package based on your skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Sea Vee Boats
11102 NW S River DriveMedley, FL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sea Vee Boats