Based in Orange County, the Estimator/Project Planner will contribute to Sea Pointe Construction’s success by serving as a key partner to the Sales/Design Team. He or she will be part of a team helping plan, budget and sell remodeling projects with Sales/Design Consultants.
The Estimator/Project Planner is responsible for helping to assign designers, engineers and Architects, write contracts and change orders, reviewing projects, quoting trade contractors and materials and ensuring that contracts match the budgets and that Sales/Designers understand the cost involved in each project. The Estimator/Project Planner will be collaborating with the design team to help build sales, growth and profitability to ensure Sea Pointe’s position as a leader in the residential remodeling space.
We are seeking someone who is team orientated, intellectually curious and open minded. This person is able to execute by working quickly to make decisions and taking action in an environment of limited resources.
What you’ll do:
- Write and revise contracts and change orders from company templates.
- Create budgets for projects including obtaining quotes from trade contractors.
- Organize and schedule project planning
- Complete material take-offs from architectural plans.
- Price materials from approved vendors.
- Coordinate site visits to projects with trade contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate and expedite with architects and engineers to drive the planning process.
- Perform autopsies on completed projects to check original budget numbers.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An exceptional communicator and team player. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Numbers oriented. You know your way around MS Excel and enjoy playing with data!
- Enjoy problem solving design and building challenges, highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled.
- A self-starter who loves collaboration and team work. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing sales and design teams
What you’ll need:
- 3-4+ years of experience successfully building and budgeting real estate and residential construction projects.
- Strong background using MS Excel and other estimating programs.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to drive that thinking into actionable plans.
- Ability to perform data analysis and interpret project proposals and business data
- Excellent communication and team skills. Must enjoy helping team sell new projects.
- An individual with unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Sea Pointe’s mission is to provide the very best value in remodeling services through quality work and a commitment to our clients.
With the highest level of integrity, we will operate a profitable company while promoting an environment that is creative, rewarding and enjoyable for our employees and our clients.
Sea Pointe Construction
Why Work Here?Sea Pointe Construction is a nationally recognized Design/Build residential remodeling firm servicing Orange County specializing in residential remodeling including additions, kitchens, bathrooms and whole home remodels since 1986. Sea Pointe’s mission is to provide the very best value in remodeling services through quality work and a commitment to our clients. With the highest level of integrity, we will operate a profitable company while promoting an environment that is creative, rewarding and enjoyable for our employees and our clients.
We love design, we love construction and we love our team! Join Orange County's premier design/build construction company and grow with us!