Sea Pac Engineering, Inc Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sea Pac Engineering, Inc. is an award-winning federal prime contractor with a client list that includes NASA, U.S. Department of State, GSA, US Postal Service, US Naval Facilities Engineering Command, US Army Corps of Engineers, among other government agencies.
SEEKING CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT. We are looking for a Superintendent; the position requires providing a safe and productive work environment, maintaining schedules, and ensuring the project stays within budgetary limits set forth by the estimate. Candidates must have verifiable work experience as a construction superintendent, with additional construction experience required. Must understand schedules and complete projects on time and budget by tracking variances and cost projections. Superintendents must have a proven track record supervising and coordinating all personnel, including subcontractors and materials, to prevent delays. The candidate selected must be highly motivated.
Position Responsibilities & Duties
- Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the craft employees' work and all subcontractors on construction projects. Determine work priorities and coordinate work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project remains efficient and on schedule.
- Oversees the terms and conditions of construction contracts.
- Apportions work among employees and subcontractors according to project needs and coordinates work to maintain a smooth flow.
- Ensures the work is carried out in a manner consistent with the project plans and specifications.
- Provide a safe work environment by creating a safety culture for the project and holding each individual accountable for safe behavior. Regularly holds safety meetings and makes sure that the company’s safety policies are being enforced.
- Works as a liaison to the owner and coordinates plans and construction activities with the owner.
- Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimate materials required for specific jobs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with construction progress. Ensures that the construction materials are on the project site as required and stored according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Coordinates materials staging areas between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
- Maintains inventory and control over the project tools, materials, equipment, and security.
- Writes and maintains a project's daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the office daily.
- Holds, at minimum, weekly coordination meetings between all subcontractors who are currently on-site and any that will be on-site in the near future.
- Coordinates workflows, safety, environmental concerns, workforce requirements, materials requirements, and overall schedule through these meetings.
- Is responsible for quality control on the project holds all works accountable for adherence to the project plans and specifications.
- Assures that the work adheres to the project plans, specifications, codes, and other governmental agencies' requirements. Coordinates inspections and ensures that testing is being performed per the contract documents.
- Maintains project budget through the management of all labor associated with the project. Tracks and monitors the labor force for productivity.
- Manages company and rental equipment for maximum productivity and minimum cost.
- Keeps an accurate record of time for employees, accurately codes the time to the tasks completed, and promptly reports time to the office.
- Coordinates and facilitates the closeout of the project. Responsible for assuring that all punch list items are completed on time and that the owner is satisfied with the project's quality and timeliness as it is completed.
- Maintains a good relationship with the project manager and works as a team to complete the project.
- Act as a mentor for subordinates, regularly review their performance, and make recommendations for improvements and wage adjustments.
Job Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of federal/military construction
- Proven knowledge of and competency with construction documents
- Proven ability to timely process and gain the approval of all construction submittals
- Proven ability in planning, organizing, and implementing work priorities to ensure the orderly flow of construction and documentation throughout contract performance
- Proven skills in conflict avoidance, resolution, and negotiations
- Proven competency (or ability to learn and use within 30 days of hire) with “Procore,” “Prolog,” “SharePoint,” and other file management software
- Experience in large-scale design and construction projects highly desirable
- A thorough technical understanding of drawings and specifications is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency in other construction-industry standard software packages is a strong plus
- Excellent time management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Must function effectively in a team environment
- Proven to be a self-motivated thinker when assigned long-term tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers and superintendents
- Ability to work in high-stress environments
Minimum Education and Experience
- 10+ years in construction in a similar position with similar responsibilities
- 7+ years of Superintendent experience for a General Contractor
- 5+ years in construction at secured government/federal facilities
- Experience with government agencies at the federal, state, county, or municipal level
- Experience with federal government construction is preferred
- Any HVAC experience is considered a plus.
- EM-385–1–1 Fed OSHA Certification
- US Army Corps of Engineers CQM Certification
- OSHA Level III Safety & Health Official Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sea Pac Engineering, IncWhy Work Here?
Join an experienced and hard-working team in support of pioneering, mission-critical construction and construction management programs.
Sea Pac Engineering is looking for talented professionals to contribute to the firm’s growth and entrepreneurial spirit. Ready for your next challenge? Join an experienced and hard-working team in support of pioneering, mission-critical construction and construction management programs for prominent clients such as NASA, US Department of Defense, US State Department and Los Angeles schools. With over $212M in successful project completions, be a part of a winning team with a stellar professional reputation, hard-won results, and notable industry accomplishments!
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Sea Pac Engineering, Inc