Social Worker for Maternity Support Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
- Would you like weekends, holidays, and evenings free?
- Would you like to be immersed in Spanish during your workday?
- Would you like a supportive and caring team?
- Would you like to work with pregnant moms and babies?
- Would like to have the time to build relationships with patients to ensure the best care? Then try our Maternity Support Services in King County. Here, you ARE welcome.
Social Worker for MSS (Licensed Master's Degree or Bachelors with Counseling Certificate) - Posting #22393
Great opportunity to work with expectant moms and babies in a community health setting. Full-time Social Worker position available for our Maternal Support Program Services in Seattle - White Center. Full-time employees may work up to five days per week (40 hours).
The Social Worker is to provide brief, culturally relevant counseling interventions, education, case management and crisis intervention to clients based on areas identified in screening/assessment and in keeping with the core services of the First Steps program. The Social Worker will also be providing brief depression and anxiety screenings. This is a great opportunity to work with pregnant moms and babies in the community.
- This position requires a Counselor Certification (Washington State) with a Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling or Educational Psychology with internship or practicum experience with direct counseling services to clients.
- May also lead support groups and work with team doing outreach in the community.
- Must have ability to recognize, support and describe healthy parenting from a family strengths perspective.
- Must have understanding and respect for cultural differences as well as diverse kinds of families
- Must have access to an insured vehicle and be able to make home visits.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but will consider English only.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rebecca Nix, MSS Program Manager. Email: RebeccaNix@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 09/21/2021
External candidates are considered after 09/24/2021
This position is represented by Office and Professionals Employees International Union (OPEIU)
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
GovernmentView all jobs at Sea Mar Community Health Centers