Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Quality Improvement Specialist II - Posting #20680: Full-time position available working under the direction of the Quality Management Director. This position is based in Seattle. The Quality Improvement Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Quality Management Director in supporting the management of the corporate Quality Assurance Program and the Quality Improvement Program by interpreting and implementing quality assurance standards according to the Joint Commission, CLIA, OSHA and other relevant professional entities.
In this position the QI Specialist will assist in implementing processes designed and approved by upper management with a primary focus in improving the organizations Health and Safety Program. In addition, the QI Specialist will help and support all sites in complying with Joint Commission standards. Assist in supporting the quality of care processes by helping administrators, program directors, clinic managers and supervisors in the development of systems to prevent and manage adverse events. Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the Quality Assurance/Improvement program and help monitor corrective action plans. Furthermore, the QI specialist will coordinate and conduct on-site inspections, evaluations and tracers. Produce and provide on-site inspections reports directly to site managers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health sciences, business or related field
- At least one year of relevant project management and QI experience preferred
- Experience in outpatient settings or clinical settings preferred
- Interest in and knowledge of community health care and primary care
- Experience in or with a FQHC preferred
- Knowledge of principles and standards related to Joint Commission and QI
- Electronic health record (EHR) experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel throughout Washington State
- Strong communication and presentation skills, training/meeting facilitation skills a plus
- Solid relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, research, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent coordination skills, including multitasking and setting priorities on work assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to organize and coordinate various activities involved in a research, collaborative and demonstration project
- High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative and commitment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse population both internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence
- Commitment to improving the patient experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Angelica Barajas, Quality Management Director at AngelicaBarajas@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/01/2020
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR
Sea Mar Community Health Centers