Nutritionist - RD (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Sea Mar Community Health Centers Mount Vernon, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Nutritionist - RD - Posting #21061
Full-time Registered Dietitian/ Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) needed for our clinic in Mount Vernon. While in this position, the RD will work closely with the Health Educator, Chronic Care Coordinators, medical providers, and other clinical care team members in an outpatient setting. The RD is responsible for patient risk assessment, nutrition education, and nutrition counseling for patients referred by the Primary Care Provider in individual and some group settings. Nutritional conditions frequently encountered in our clinic include diabetes, obesity, chronic kidney disease, hypertension and other chronic diseases. The RD will also work with patients with food allergies, GI conditions, disordered eating and other health concerns.
- Requires Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nutrition from an accredited university.
- Requires completion of an accredited dietetic internship program or coordinated undergraduate program in Dietetics.
- Requires current status as RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) by the Commission for Dietetic Registration, and Washington state CD (Certified Dietitian) license, please include in your application materials.
- Ability to deal patiently and empathetically with multicultural clientele, even under stressful conditions is required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required for this position.
- Experience in a community nutrition setting with an interest in weight management, diabetes education and pediatric nutrition is desired.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in outpatient or similar nutrition setting is highly preferred.
- Experience with long term care programs.
- Current Adult/Pediatric CPR required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, employees Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding this position, email DanaeShelley@seamarchc.org Please include that you are a Certified Dietitian in the State of Washington in your application materials.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 12/29/2020
External candidates may apply after 01/04/2021
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Powered by JazzHR