LEAP Program Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
LEAP Program Coordinator – Posting #23985
Hourly Rate: $25.00 - $26.00
Full-time LEAP Program Coordinator position available to serve the Yakima Valley area and based in Toppenish/Granger, WA. The LEAP Coordinator will working with the Toppenish/Granger School District. Applicant must be fluent in English and Spanish for this position. Must have vehicle, valid driver's license, vehicle insurance and must also have a safe driving record. Applicant must be fluent in English and Spanish for this position. Applicants who do not bilingual in English and Spanish will not be considered.
The Program Coordinator works within an educational program of Sea Mar known as the Latino/a Educational Achievement Project (LEAP), focused on improving the academic achievement and civic engagement of Latino students. The LEAP Program Coordinator will be under the supervision of the LEAP Program Manager. While performing the duties of this job, this employee is regularly required to communicate in person and by telephone with other individuals and may be asked to speak in front of small and large groups.
- Knowledge of state K-12 grade level expectations and high school graduation requirements
- Able to help train, supervise and evaluate program or co-facilitators
- Have the ability to work with school district teachers and administrators in developing lesson plans that meet school district requirements
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with students and parents
- Be a team player; be flexible; be well-organized and have good attention to detail
- Work with minimal supervision, use good judgment, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads; maintain confidentiality
- Have excellent verbal, written and analytical communication skills
- Be able to maintain professionalism and appropriate conduct in all interactions
- Be computer literate, experience in Windows Office programs required.
- Must be fully fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or work experience relevant to education, social services or related field; graduate degree preferred. The ideal candidate will be someone with experience and skill in:
- Developing and implementing curriculum in middle schools and/or high schools
- Facilitation and public speaking
- Working with diverse populations including but not limited to K-12 and college students, parents, school administrators, legislators, etc.
- Must be able to do translation and interpret in Spanish
- Knowledge of community and educational resources in the state of Washington
- Knowledge of Latino/a issues throughout the state of Washington, including Dreamers
- Youth development; event planning
- Working effectively with supervisors and staff
- Appropriate use of social media to communicate with youth
- Always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working with Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent employer paid benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Prescription coverage
- Long Term Disability (no Short Term)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid-time-off starting at 24 days per year + 10 paid Holidays
We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Richard Maltby, Program Manager at RichardMaltby@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. You may also apply thru our Career page at https://www.seamar.org/jobs-general.html
Powered by JazzHR
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
HealthcareView all jobs at Sea Mar Community Health Centers