Sea Mar Community Health Centers was founded in 1978 with a single clinic in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle. Today, Sea Mar is Washington’s largest provider of community-based, comprehensive health care with over 20 dental clinics along the Puget Sound. We are looking for mission driven providers dedicated to serving under-served and diverse communities.
The main responsibility of the Dentist is to provide dental services to patients of Sea Mar Community Health Center, consistent with his/her training following the standards established for the profession of dentistry and allowed by his/her license from the Department of Health in the State of Washington.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To practice dentistry in an ethical manner, meeting the standards of the dental profession and in accordance to the Washington State Dental Act.
- To supervise the clinical activities of support staff according to the Washington Dental Act.
- To be current in basic life support (BLS) or advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification or their equivalents.
- To provide dental care under the strictest methods of aseptic control and in a manner that results in patient, staff and dentist safety.
- To acquire new knowledge and skills contributing to the provision of high quality dental care.
- To coordinate patient care by seeking consultations from, or referrals to, other health professionals, when necessary.
- To utilize staff and patients' time efficiently in order to maximize productivity and patient satisfaction.
- To use the appropriate procedure codes consistent with the dental services rendered.
- To participate in Quality Improvement activities of the Dental Program and of Sea Mar Community Health Centers, including staff training when assigned.
- To help make dental care available to the patients of Sea Mar Community Health Center and to the public by participating in activities which promote dental and oral health in the community.
- To be able to perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have a current and valid license from the State of Washington Department of Health and a Dentist’s Contract with Sea Mar Community Health Center.
- Provide dental services to Sea Mar patients under the administration of the Dental Director and meet productivity standards established by Sea Mar.
- Be able to administer nitrous oxide sedation to Sea Mar patients, with the most safe and effective techniques accepted by the regulatory bodies of the dental profession.
- Must have completed a formal training program at a recognized University, School of Dentistry, and have completed the requirements for the degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) or an equivalent degree.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Have a basic understanding of the concepts of bio-statistical analyses.
- Must have current and valid Professional license to practice dentistry in the State of Washington and a Drug enforcement (DEA) certificate.