Customer Service Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
Customer Service Representative - Posting # 22897
Full-Time Customer Service Rep position available for our Managed Care Department located at our Fourth Plain Medical Clinic located in Vancouver. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for screening all non-insured patients and ensuring that customers newly assigned or wishing to obtain care at Sea Mar are accommodated. They provide public health coverage enrollment assistance, insurance education, and public health coverage case management. Under the direction of the Managed Care Manager and Coordinator, they pro-actively contact customers, assist in the development and distribution of promotional material and engage in community outreach activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Customer Service Representative:
- Serves as a primary liaison between clients and clinic, focusing on alleviating barriers to service and helping patients establish Sea Mar as their medical home.
- Assists with public health coverage program applications, ensures patients have selected a primary care provider, assists in scheduling appointments and identifying other health care services available.
- Assists in conducting outreach and participates on all corporate marketing campaigns, and in the distribution of informational / promotional materials approved by the Managed Care Department.
- Is responsible for maintaining activity records, submitting progress reports as directed by the Managed Care Department.
- Assists in identifying and advocating on behalf of the customer regarding barriers to coverage and or the utilization of health care services.
- Strives to increase customer health care service utilization, through education on services covered as well as customer responsibilities and to serve as case managers for families in accessing care.
- Assists in meeting established departmental and organizational goals and ensuring that customer access to the Managed Care Department services are maximized.
- Maintains skill levels by participating at all mandatory trainings, meeting competency testing requirements, maintaining local site standards, and reporting on health coverage policy changes impacting consumers and or processes.
- Performs any and all other duties as may be assigned while adhering to all corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduation; AA or BA in Social Services is preferred.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience is required; preferably in a health care environment. Additional work experience may be substituted for education, with a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- The applicant must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- This position must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR within 90 days of hire date and is required to maintain current BLS CPR throughout employment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and staff in English, Spanish, or Russian, both orally and written.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Ana Howe, Regional Coordinator at AnaHowe@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 12/0162021
External candidates may apply after 12/21/2021
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. You may also apply thru our Career page at https://www.seamar.org/jobs-general.html
Powered by JazzHR
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
BusinessView all jobs at Sea Mar Community Health Centers