COVID Assistance Clerk
Sea Mar Community Health Centers Lakewood, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
COVID Assistance Clerk – Posting #21856
Sea Mar Community Health Centers is seeking a COVID-19 Assistance Clerk for our clinic in Lakewood. This position is Full-time but temporary for 6 months. This is a Tuesday - Saturday work schedule. Preferred are the English/Korean and English/Spanish language.
The main function of the COVID Clerk is to ensure and implement 6 ft. physical distance policy, assure that minimum distance is followed, and screen individuals entering the facility. If needed, provide visual markers for workers and clients to accurately judge distance. No specific education, certificate, licenses, registrations or medical screening is required for this position.
Additional job duties include:
- Train and ensure people follow 6 ft. minimum distance and gatherings are no more than 10 people.
- Regulate traffic to prevent unauthorized persons without PPE.
- Report incidents to management.
- Keep visitors logs, preferably electronically.
- Coordinate with other COVID plan efforts and management.
- Ensure lobby remains inviting, tidy and sanitized at all times; may include some light cleaning.
- Re-stocking brochures, maintaining bulletin boards if applicable.
- Work in conjunction with back office staff to ensure that patients are updated on the status of their appointment time appropriately (manage expectations for visit length using AIDET model).
- Interact and engage with patients in a culturally appropriate manner and 6 ft minimum distance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills including patience, empathy and a calm professional demeanor
- Attention to detail and an ability to prioritize work
- Self-directed once trained
- Must strictly adhere to HIPAA compliance and other Sea Mar policies
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email April Olsen, HCA at AprilOlsen@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 06/10/2021
External candidates considered after 06/15/2021
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR