Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Sea Level Construction Crane, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- Have a minimum of five years experience.
- Must have crane or heavy construction equipment experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program.
- Performs maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment including but not limited to heavy-duty truck and semi-tractors, material spreader, 6- wheel drive military type vehicles, excavators, skidders, high pressure pumps, bulldozers, graders, cranes, snowmobile groomers, under body blades, dump bodies, snow plows, crawler tractors and trailers, backhoes, trailers, electronic message boards and signs, street sweepers, aerial towers and man lifts.
- Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found on pieces of heavy equipment such as mechanical and computer electronic controls, air brake systems, transmissions, high voltage generators, propane powered equipment, and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in the equipment and repair.
- Repairs and services track drive sprockets, rails, idler wheels, hard bars, track adjusters, hydraulic reverses, final drives, brake bands, steering clutches and hydrostatic transmissions.
- Performs routine maintenance checks and adjustments on such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, and clutches; changes filters and oil, and lubricates vehicles and motor driven equipment.
- Services, diagnoses, repairs and maintains hydrostatic driven, heavy duty multi-axle suspensions, both conventional steel or air springs.
- Tunes gas and diesel engines, services valves, fuel filters and turbo chargers, and pressure checks fuel filters, adjust injector heights, fuel racks, governors, etc.
- Overhauls engines, replaces engines, and rebuilds components.
- Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- Field tests equipment.
- Perform other construction duties or task as required based on company’s needs.
You will receive an email to confirm your application is received.
The company is an at-will employer who fully supports and practices the principles of equal employment opportunity and strictly prohibits any form of unlawful discrimination. The company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Sea Level Construction
AutomotiveView all jobs at Sea Level Construction