WHO WE ARE:
Have you seen the latest season of Bar Rescue on Spike TV? Sculpture Hospitality (as Bevinco) is the service the host brings in to determine how much money a bar or restaurant is losing to over-pouring, breakage, or theft. Our services don't stop there - we train the staff on proper pouring, help owners fine-tune their food and drink recipes, and help reduce their stock levels, define better par levels for each product, and improve their cash flow and profitability. We do this for food, liquor, beer, wine, cigars, and just about anything else you can eat or drink.
Sculpture Hospitality has over 400 franchise territories worldwide. We are the master franchisee for the state of Florida, and also operate 10 territories as a local franchisee. We have all of the flexibility and camaraderie of a local company backed by the resources and technology of a global enterprise.
WHO WE WANT:
The most satisfied and successful team members generally have an amazing work ethic, a great sense of humor, and are obsessed with helping our clients be successful. We are committed to being a fun and fair place to work. Our job is to help our clients increase revenues and save money, and that feels good.
Our ideal candidate will be punctual, detail-oriented, and self-motivated. They are comfortable with technology, and take pride in how efficient and organized they are. They are respectful, great communicators, and appreciate the opportunity to grow their income as their responsibility and workload increases.
Sound like you? Read on!
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Inventory Team Member conducts physical inventories at client sites, researches discrepancies, produces reports, and provides insights and recommendations to clients. Although it will vary from account to account, the breakdown of activities is estimated to be 75% physical counts, 15% reporting and analysis, and 10% client interaction.
Ready to work early morning hours inventorying stock at bars and restaurants before the staff and patrons arrive. Most audits begin somewhere between 3 am and 5 am, but can be as early as midnight on peak audit days. Punctuality and dependability are critical to meeting client expectations.
Our Inventory Team, are individual contributors and team leaders as well. Using our proprietary technology, you will weigh product (e.g., food, bottles, kegs), perform an accurate inventory count via scanner, enter the control data into our system.
For larger accounts, and as your list of clients grows, you may have inventory specialists that will support you at certain locations. You will guide and direct their activity to ensure efficient and accurate inventories are completed.
Reporting and Analysis Responsibilities
As the account lead, you will also import sales data from the client's POS, analyze the results, and send a report with your analysis and recommendations. These reports and recommendations are the products that we sell (the inventory just enables us to have the data we need to generate them.) The system used to create these reports is a web-based platform provided by Sculpture Hospitality.
Clients use this information to place orders with distributors, and also to evaluate performance at their management meetings. Reporting is always time-sensitive, since our clients use the information to run their business.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities
You are the face of the company to the client. The quality of your inventories, reports, recommendations, and the services you provide will create customer loyalty and satisfaction. As someone who is warm, professional, and provides valuable insights, many of your clients will view you as a member of their extended management team. You may also need to attend (and occasionally lead) your clients' staff meetings and support staff training exercises.
We have a separate team that handles sales and client acquisition, so you won't have to worry about that. Depending on your current client list and job performance, new accounts in your geography may be assigned to you at the discretion of the Area Manager.
Role and Responsibility Summary
The following is a representative (but not all-inclusive) list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Travel in your personally-owned vehicle to client locations for meetings and audits
- Perform regularly scheduled audits of client assets per specific client requirements
- Utilize proprietary Sculpture Hospitality technology and equipment to complete audits and analysis
- Enter invoices, sales data, and other data entry activities
- Compare and analyze inventory variance reports and conduct research as needed (which may include client communication)
- Prepare and deliver electronic reports along with insightful analysis and commentary on the findings (strong writing skills)
- Attend and lead client staff meetings and training sessions
- Resolve and address client questions and issues in a warm, professional manner that promotes customer loyalty
- Attend Sculpture Hospitality staff meetings and complete other work as assigned by management
- Familiarity with web-based applications as well as Microsoft Office products
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects, including (but not limited to) stacked kegs of beer and wine, which may weigh over 160 lbs
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move numerous cases of wine and liquor, sometimes overhead, each of which may weigh over 40 lbs
- Ability to reach and handle breakable items located on high shelves while standing on a ladder or other stable surface
- Culinary experience preferred, but not required
Our service is based on accuracy, discretion, and implementation of a proven process. It is critical that our staff be punctual and accurate. Portions of the inventories require the use of technology, problem-solving skills, and physical labor.
During the initial training period, you will be paid a training wage of $15-16/hour. After you have satisfied the requirements necessary to operate independently, your performance will be reviewed for increases. A more detailed compensation plan will be included with an offer letter to the successful candidate.
We rely on the pre-screen questions that follow your initial application to learn more about candidates and determine who may be the best fit for our current needs. Please take the time to provide complete responses. We will be evaluating your written communication skills, since this how you will interact with clients most of the time.
Based on your answers, we will reach out to you if we feel like it's the right time for us to talk!
RESUME IS REQUIRED