Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
Scudder Roofing, based in Marina, CA, is seeking an experienced Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager to join our team. This salaried position will oversee the daily workflow and schedules of the Scudder Roofing warehouse. The Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager will also be responsible for the inventory controls in the warehouse, purchasing supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the inventory tracking system, including recording deliveries, shipments, and stock levels.
- Responsible for managing and evaluating deliveries, shipments, and product levels to improve company inventory control procedures and optimize operations.
- Will analyze daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
- Responsible for reviewing workups and contracts to develop accurate bills of materials.
- Will purchase supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
- Responsible for communicating with upper management daily.
- Will be expected to strategize and propose good ideas on various topics, including ways to reduce costs.
- Responsible for monitoring the supply chain to reduce material wait times.
- Will also monitor demand and analyze data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Responsible for reporting inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiencies, and personnel issues to upper management.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Will prepare materials for our crews to ensure jobs are ready to launch each day and to reduce crew time purchasing materials.
- Responsible for managing company tools and equipment, including issuing tools to employees and ensuring they are returned when necessary.
- Will also manage the company fleet, including dump and pickup trucks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication channels with the company owners, co-workers, contractors, clients, affiliates, vendors, and all other business contacts.
- Ability to use equipment and materials safely and appropriately while following established safety procedures and using company safeguards.
- Ability to observe common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
- Other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in purchasing/inventory management programs/apps.
- Product and inventory management certification a plus.
- High school diploma.
- Committed to continued education, training courses, and classes.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Forklift certification.
If you think you have what it takes to join the Scudder Roofing team, we want to talk with you! Please send a letter of interest and your resume highlighting any relevant experience.
- 70-90k depending on experience.
Great team environment and very supportive management.
Scudder Roofing is a locally owned, commercial and residential roofing installation company based in Marina, CA on the Monterey Peninsula. Scudder has been installing first-class roofs throughout the Central Coast and beyond since 1982. We are dedicated to using the most advanced roofing installation methods, materials, and equipment, including a sophisticated fleet of trucks and a state-of-the-art products showroom. Scudder Roofing also specializes in siding, replacement windows, solar power installations, and waterproofing.
Scudder Roofing Company
3342 Paul Davis DriveMonterey County, CA
Get fresh Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.