Staff Software Developer
- Expired: November 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
From our founding in 2016, ScriptDrop has grown from a tiny startup to a health information technology company on the move. But no matter how we change, our goal will always be the same: help patients access their medications.
By putting patients, pharmacists, and providers at the forefront of our solutions and integrating delivery with existing pharmacy technology, we make it easy to send prescriptions to the people who need them.
As a Staff Software Developer at ScriptDrop, you will be responsible for building and maintaining new and existing integrations, features and products, while helping to scale ScriptDrop's product as the business grows.
You will work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and deploy iterations of our product according to our product vision and market feedback.
As one of the most senior and experienced members of our technical staff, you are expected to ensure a solid foundation for current and future team members. This includes guiding decisions related to software languages and frameworks, SDLC processes and best practices, and design principles. You will be active in developing our product while having ample opportunity to take on additional responsibilities, such as: helping to identify and select new team members and providing coaching and mentoring to others.
Our teams are highly collaborative and team members are trusted to do their best work. We value each individual's different perspectives and know that we need broad experience to be our best.
Our Tech Stack (not limited to the following):
Elixir, Phoenix, React, PostgreSQL, Git, Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Understand that the best code is simple, easy to read, easily maintainable and advocate for this within the team.
- Actively participate in design and architecture for collaborative projects including design reviews and code reviews.
- Guide technical decisions, processes, and best practices.
- Analyze applications and make necessary changes to optimize performance.
- Design, code, and test Elixir applications in accordance with design specifications and standards.
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through automated testing and support and maintain your solutions after they're in production.
- Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within the project team.
- Assist the product team in assessing feasibility, value, and scope of new work.
- Coach peers and more junior team members.
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often, and inspecting and adapting as needed.
- Ability to own your technical stories and assignments -from writing code, clarifying requirements, meeting project timelines and delivering high-quality, workable features.
- Testing, debugging and logging skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert in recognizing and mitigating risks.
- Expert in system design and implementation.
- Strong ability to create alignment and understanding, help translate between technology, UX, and business oriented perspectives.
- Motivated by solving interesting problems, learning new things, and working with smart people.
- Proven experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate solutions.
- A natural collaborator and excellent communicator who seeks out new perspectives and builds trusting relationships with team members.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-changing environment - able to identify what's important and to act decisively in times of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate leadership on a regular basis.
- Strong grasp on long-term business unit risks and how to minimize using technology.
- Ability to work with external partners to develop new integrations or troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work with internal users to triage issues and develop solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Around 7+ years of experience in back-end web development.
- Hands-on experience with Elixir, Erlang or Ruby is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc.), ORMs (Ecto, ActiveRecord) and optimizing performance.
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS deployment pipelines, preferably Kubernetes.
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang State Machines is a plus.
- Experience working in early-stage product organizations is a plus.
- Understanding of HIPAA/data security (or history with healthcare production data).
ScriptDrop is highly collaborative and team players thrive here. You'll be challenged, empowered and encouraged to grow your career with the company. We are always trying to think of new ways to make sure every member of our team feels like they can bring their whole selves to work. Additionally, we offer competitive benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 99% of premiums covered by ScriptDrop
- 401k with company match available
- Generous PTO
- Monthly Mental Health Days
- Hybrid work environment (work at home or our office in downtown Grandview -- dog friendly!)
- Team events such as happy hours, virtual scavenger hunts, tailgates and more
Get fresh Web Developer Startup jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.