At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
As a Patient Service Representative in this call center department, you will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team at our Scripps Coastal Medical Center Eastlake where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible for the following:
* Responding to customer billing and payment inquiries.
* Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
* Scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering appropriate insurance, performing Key User duties with minimal errors.
* Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
* Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions, and being able to identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This Full Time, Day Shift position has a Monday - Friday from 10:30AM - 7PM work schedule and is located at Scripps Coastal Medical Center in Eastlake.
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certifications:
* 1 year experience customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
* Previous experience with Epic
* Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
/Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability./
Job: **Administrative Support*
Organization: **Scripps Coastal Medical Center*
Title: Patient Service Representative - Call Center
Location: Southern San Diego County-CHULA VISTA-SCRIPPS COASTAL MEDICAL CENTER - EASTLAKE
Requisition ID: 1037346