PhysAssist Scribes, Inc. is looking for experience-driven candidates who are pursuing careers in the medical field to join our team in Grand Forks, ND. Our scribes work in the emergency department at Altru Hospital. We are offering both full time and part time positions.
To Apply: Please go to www.iamscribe.com > select "North Dakota" > select "Grand Forks" > submit your application!
As a scribe you will:
· Accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
· Maintain a comprehensive list of active patients to help the provider remain organized
· Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
· Process admitted and discharge paperwork
This is NOT an internship or a volunteer opportunity. Scribing allows you to shadow healthcare providers and get paid doing it, while gaining rare clinical experiences that help you grow as a person and as a professional.
· Highly motivated and experience-driven
· Pre-health track (pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) preferred
· At least 18 years old and sophomore status or higher
· Preferred GPA of 2.8+
· No clinical experience required to apply
· Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time
· Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
· Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
· Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods