Jump to the head of the class! Set yourself apart by learning one-on-one from top doctors while working in real charts on real patients, all in real time. This is your all access pass to a successful medical career!
We are currently looking for highly motivated and experience-driven candidates who are pursuing careers in the medical field to join our team and looking to gain clinical experience. Our scribes work in the emergency department alongside physicians and other healthcare professionals. This is an entry-level position and are currently hiring for full time and part time. Our scribes work at Alaska Regional Hospital.
- Accompany the physician into patient examination rooms and transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, x-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the physician, directly into the electronic medical record
- Maintain a comprehensive list of active patients to help the physician remain organized
- Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the physician
- Process admission and discharge paperwork
- Pre-health track (pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) preferred
- At least 18 years old and sophomore status or higher
- Preferred GPA of 2.8+
- No clinical experience required to apply
- Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time and work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Be willing to commit to the position for a minimum of 1 year