As a medical scribe, you will be responsible for accompanying medical providers into the exam room and accurately documenting the patient-provider encounter. You will get to work one-on-one with a physician and will have the opportunity to learn about the medical decision-making process, learn medical terminology, observe medical procedures/surgeries and much more! This is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
- Accurately document patient-provider encounters in an electronic medical record (EMR), including any past medical history, current medical issues, physical exams, treatment plans, disposition instructions, rechecks, etc.
- Provide advanced support to providers, including documenting phone calls, alerting the physician with labs/radiology reports are complete, grabbing faxes, etc.
- Assist with the disposition of patients from the facility.
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Must be adaptable and be willing to take constructive criticism
- Must be able to type a minimum of 55 wpm. This is a very fast-paced environment, so you must be able to keep up while remaining accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Background in medical terminology, shadowing, volunteer experience a plus, but not required as you will be trained on medical terminology.
What we offer:
- Offers paid one-on-one time with a physician where you have the opportunity to learn and observe the medical decision-making process
- Paid training providing a crash course in medicine.
- Flexible shift scheduling for college students
- Full exposure to real clinical or emergency room settings.
- Excellent resume builder and chance to build referrals for med school
- Clinical hours toward PA school applications
- Paid Shadowing experience
- Part-time Scribes: Must be able to work 2-3 shifts a week (shifts typically last between 8-12 hours). Must show availability to work 4-weekend shifts a month, 3/5 major holidays, and your fair share of overnights. Cannot work only F-Sun shifts.
- ER Full-time Scribes: Must be able to work 3-5 shifts per week (shifts typically last between 8-12 hours). Must show availability to work 4-weekend shifts a month, 3/5 major holidays, and your fair share of overnights.
- Clinic Scribes: Must have day time availability 8a-5p. No weekends or overnights required. Holidays off.
- Typing & Grammar: Scribes must be able to pass our dictation test with 35 wpm with 35% accuracy or more. You must be able to pass a grammar test with 85% or above.
- Start Date: You must be able to start within 3 months of your application date.
- Commitment: All scribes must be able to commit for a full year at a single location. You will not be able to transfer between locations during the summer months.