Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Responsible for monitoring client accounts and reconciling in a timely manner
- Investigates and resolves client queries
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Receives and reviews vendor invoices for accuracy and payment
- Collects receipts for Credit Card transactions and monitors for discrepancies
- Processes and obtains approval for disbursements
- Maintains an organized and efficient filing of records
- Prepares and posts monthly close journal entries
- Assists with monthly reporting packages, as required
- Creates reports as requested by Management
- Provides support to Management in managing the day to day operations of the Company
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’sdegree in Accounting or Finance, or relevant certification is a plus
- Minimum of one year accounting experience
- Display technical proficiency, exemplary work ethic and professionalism
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently to use a keyboard and computer.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, and reach with hands and arms.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days vary Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as needed.*
Travel is not expected for this position.*
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.*
ScribeAmerica provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. In addition to federal law requirements, ScribeAmerica complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ScribeAmerica expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. Improper interference with the ability of ScribeAmerica’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour