Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.
What You’ll Do
The Administrator Coordinator assists the Background Actors Department’s Business Representatives with administrative duties to help ensure the smooth and effective operation of the team. Additionally, the Administrative Coordinator works with other team members to deliver the required service levels to and expected by Background Actor members.
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
- Provides administrative support to the Business Representatives and the Background Actors department.
- Answer department’s incoming calls and monitor/assign all claims.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic filing system, scan documents.
- Institute follow-up on pending matters and complete assignments independently.
- Accurate word processing and data entry into databases.
- Prepare for and coordinate all meetings; set up calls, prepare documents, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
- Strong and efficient administrative skills with the ability to organize and manage own workload.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office along with the ability to learn and use other database.
- Highly organized and detail oriented for multi-detailed workload.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to accurately type at 35 WPM.
- Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically and tactfully.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of supervisors.Initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
- Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required; College degree or applicable college courses a plus.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Entertainment Industry, Labor Union or Talent Agency experience a plus however not required.
- Basic Office Skills: Spelling, math, grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
- Typing test 35 WPM
- Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
- Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
- Balance between work and home life responsibilities
- Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
- Generous pension plan
- Employee discounts and perks