Retail Specialist at Scramble Falls Church
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scramble is looking for a friendly, customer-service oriented Retail Specialist to join and grow with our busy, locally-owned, small business! Although this role would begin as an assistant position, it can quickly develop into a permanent sales and marketing role. Scramble is a unique European-style indoor play place where children from 6 months to 12 years can explore, learn, and discover through creative play. We offer a clean, safe, fun environment where children can use their imaginations to explore the world around them. Our independent bookstore proudly offers a fabulous selection of high-quality, engaging children’s books from baby to teen published by Usborne and Kane Miller. We also sell a carefully-curated selection of quality toys, games, and gifts designed to engage and challenge curious young minds. With everything from play books for the youngest kiddos to chapter, story, and activity books as well as toys and family games, we have something for everyone!
Great candidates will be enthusiastic, reliable, team-oriented self-starters excited to step into a fast-paced, dynamic environment that offers multiple opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing excellent customer service including making product recommendations based on customer interests and preferences.
- Conducting customer transactions using Scramble’s automated systems
- Helping customers find products and tracking items that need to be ordered
- Answering questions about products and helping customers select items that best meet their needs
- Keeping store attractive, tidy, and organized. This includes creating and rotating displays, keeping store stocked and clean.
- Accepting shipments - unpacking, processing, organizing and stocking store.
- Collaborating with the lead sales person with sales/marketing tactics including website maintenance and social media.
- Participating in training to learn new software programs related to retail operations
- Preparing reports based on sales data or other metrics to help managers make business decisions
- Conducting rolling inventory of store merchandise
- Identifying and acting on sales trends
- Participating in relevant staff training sessions and meetings.
- Retail sales experience is a must
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to build relationships with guests, the public, suppliers, and others
- Proactive, demonstrating the ability to identify, address, and resolve problems as well as suggest improvements
- Organized, responsible and dependable with a strong work ethic
- Ability to commit between 20 to 40 hours of work a week during the hours of 8am to 6pm. Scheduled weekend work is required.
- Must be physically capable of lifting merchandise and being on your feet for most of the day.
Scramble Indoor Play is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation depends on your experience.
About Scramble: It's an exciting time for Scramble - Come grow with us! We are looking for outgoing, energetic people who enjoy working with children in a FUN & dynamic environment to provide best-in-class clean, safe fun to our guests! We are an amazing European-style indoor playground for children located in Virginia (Alexandria and Falls Church). We offer fantastic play, delicious food and beverages in our on-site cafe, fabulous Usborne books, memorable birthday parties and engaging camps. Learn More: https://goscramble.com Follow us @goscramble! https://www.virginiasbdc.org/scramble/ https://www.visitalexandriava.com/listings/scramble/8638/ https://www.mommynearest.com/edition/washington-dc/article/see-inside-alexandria-vas-new-indoor-play-space-scramble Learn more about us at https://goscramble.com/.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
Scramble Falls Church
AddressFalls Church, VA
Get fresh Retail Specialists jobs daily straight to your inbox!