Do you have the creativity of Picasso, the innovation of da Vinci, the prowess of prose of Shakespeare, the vision of Don Draper, and the PR proficiency of Samantha Jones?
Great! Please read on.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, fun professional to join our team as Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing will have overall responsibility for creation and execution marketing strategy as well as continued communication and development of the brand. The Director of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with Field and Product teams as well as our external brand team. We are seeking someone who can increase our brand presence, elevate our communications (both internal and external) to a new level and help to fully express our mission statement, which is as follows: we are on a journey to discover the unknown good and share it along the way.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Define, build and execute marketing strategies, including positioning, messaging, communication, campaigns and materials
- Engage in compelling brand story-telling to us translate our unique selling proposition into compelling narratives for our Independent Consultants and customers
- Manage and add to an evolving suite of resources for Independent Consultants and customers including our web page, our blog, social media assets, landing pages, media assets, and more
- Develop an intimate understanding of our Independent Consultants and customers and their most pressing business challenges through research and direct interactions
- Create a marketing calendar to support the Company’s strategic growth plan
- In collaboration with leadership and/or internal teams, define, support and execute marketing strategies for product, field, PR, social media as well as external agencies
- Develop and manage a budget for all the marketing department, including promotions, PR, campaigns and/or advertising
Here’s what you must bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 8+ years of marketing experience, 4+ years managing a team
- Superb presentation and writing skills and ability to explain complex concepts to internal and external audiences with varying degrees of expertise
- Ability to clearly demonstrate your abilities to get things done without direct supervision and understand what it means to deliver excellence
- Able to deal with pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Commercially aware, numerate and analytical
- Insanely well-organized with excellent communication skills
- Have a sense of urgency and be results oriented
- Be both a visionary and a fire-starter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and self-manage priorities and assignments
- Curiosity and a deep understanding of the content ecosystem, how to create content for a digital world and distribute it through different channels
- A positive thinker and receptive to feedback and direction
Here’s what you will get:
- We’re a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference and learn and grow through real ownership and responsibility
- Generous discounts on wine and merchandise
- 401K and matching
- Healthcare, dental and vision
Scout & Cellar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The position is located in our Farmers Branch, Texas corporate office.