· Coordinates and maintains organized patient flow.
· Performs patient intake: vital signs, height and weight, chief complaint, interim history, allergies, medication lists, and other interventions as required.
· Prepares patient for exam based on reason for visit.
· Prepares and supports patient and assists provider with procedures.
· Reviews appointment schedules and ensures all patient charts are available for the visit.
· Reviews patient charts and ensures that all reports/records and required paperwork are available to the provider at the time of visit.
· Cleans, prepares and stocks exam rooms, treatment rooms, and workstations.
· Calls patients regarding test results and medical instruction under the direction of a Physician.
· Calls insurance companies and gets insurance benefits and prior authorizations.
· Conduct allergy testing and shot treatment.
· Order prescriptions, diagnostic testing and laboratory testing.
· Assists with scheduling of patient tests, procedures, and follow-up appointments.
· Assists in the care, cleaning, and sterilization of equipment and instruments.
· Maintains the inventory of medical and linen supplies.
· Provides cross coverage to other clinical areas as assigned.
· Participates in quality improvement projects.
Scottsdale Ear Nose and Throat
Why Work Here?
Scottsdale Ear, Nose & Throat is Arizona’s most advanced center of Otolaryngology, boasting some of the state’s leading Doctors, the world’s