- Expired: February 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Extraordinary people. Exciting possibilities. Your success is what's next at Scott Group Studio. In our highly competitive world there's one thing that sets a company apart - its talent. At Scott Group Studio our employees bring their expertise, enthusiasm, and creativity to work every day. We're committed to making Scott Group Studio a great place to work. A place you can be proud to be a part of, where your talents are embraced and your efforts are encouraged and supported. If you are a person that "puts people first", "see it and solves it", "does the right thing" and "pursues excellence", discover how you can be a part of what's next.
The Controller reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations and requires an energetic, service oriented individual responsible for overseeing the Scott Group Studio general accounting and financial reporting functions by preparing financial statements that conform to US GAAP and comply with internal policies and regulatory requirements
This role plays an integral function requiring excellent organization and communication skills, collaborating with multiple department leaders and management staff as well as managing a staff of four in accordance with the core values of Scott Group Studio.
- Complete month end close, including preparation of a draft of the monthly financial reporting package for leadership review
- Manage working capital to reach targeted % of sales goals while supporting the operational needs to the business
- Oversee the annual financial statement audit process and coordinate as needed with the external audit firm
- Prepare a draft of the annual budget package per the agreed timeline, compiling input from all Leadership Team members
- Oversee the following activities:
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401K activity (loan processing, payroll uploads, employee distributions, etc)
- Sales tax and property tax returns
- Recurring GL, A/P, and A/R activity
- On-line banking and credit card activity
- LMA (Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable) accounting and other assigned administrative staff
- Develop and implement new procedures and internal control processes to simplify and enhance accounting and finance effectiveness
- Prepare ad hoc reports and assist with special projects, as needed.
- Prepare debt covenant calculations for compliance with loan terms.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business/related field and 3 plus years of management experience and 7 plus years of total experience in accounting or related field
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field and CPA preferred
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Perform work with accuracy while displaying a high attention to detail
- Able to work independently with little supervision and effectively lead others
- Forward-thinking; always seeking to improve processes
- Strong understanding of GAAP and knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll administration
- Must be PC proficient, experienced with traditional accounting software, and have strong abilities in Microsoft Excel; experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Able to learn and master specialized software tools, including our proprietary software system (JobTrack), Microsoft Query, Izenda Reports, and PPM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scott Group Studio
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Group Finance Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!