- Posted: over a month ago
- $23 Hourly
Under general supervision, the drafter will work closely with manufacturing and engineering, to create and revise all manufacturing drawings, utilizing Solidworks, AutoCAD, and PDM. These drawings including Sheetmetal, Copper, CNC, Weld, and Assembly drawings, pertaining to pole and pad-mount Medium Voltage equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ensure all drawings are produced and updated following internal procedures and ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Develop detailed component drawings, by thoroughly reviewing the final dimensions, to prevent any confusion or rework during assembly.
- Work with production to understand internal manufacturing methods, including sheet metal panels, copper bar, T & C channel, as well as strut, Lexan, and plastic products.
- Review and model supplier products, including medium and low voltage, as well as nameplates and labels.
- Ability to learn how to visually conceptualize electrical components and mounting requirements in cabinets.
- Requires minimal to moderate supervision and performs all duties accurately as expected and in a timely manner, support in preparation of new drawings in AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Previous completion of basic courses in SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.
Scott Engineering, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Scott Engineering, Inc.