Heavy Equipment Operator - Heavy Highway / Civil Construction
Scott Contracting Rifle, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IHC SCOTT is looking for Heavy Equipment Operators
LOCATION: Rifle CO and the western slope
POSITION: Heavy Equipment Operator - Heavy Highway / Civil Construction
Equipment: Scrappers, Excavators, Loaders, Fishing Blade hands, Dozer, Compactor Operator
Compensation: $20-$30 per hour
Job Begins Early to Mid April
DUTIES: The specific duties will vary based on the project assignment.
- Skillfully operate designated heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to avoid undue maintenance / repair work.
- Recognize risks and hazards on job site and adhere to safety policies to work safely and avoid accidents.
- Perform Daily inspections and advise supervisor of repairs and maintenance required.
- Read and understand operation manuals for heavy equipment.
- Work in close proximity with other equipment and crew members.
- Assist and work with others on construction crews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work hard each day.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of skill in operating specified heavy equipment. Minimum of 1-2 years' prior experience.
- Heavy civil construction, road building and earthwork experience preferred.
- Attention and commitment to safety, ability to follow instructions.
- Physical abilities: excellent hand-eye coordination, ability to: stand, sit for long periods of time, walk over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects, and lift, carry and transfer at least 50 pounds.
- Work in constant exposure to outside elements.
- Willingness to travel.
Who we are & What we do.
IHC SCOTT is a Heavy Civil Construction Company with a reputation for quality projects and innovative solutions for over 26 years. We believe that employees are our most valuable resource and because we value people, our projects succeed. What do we do? We build things!
Why work with IHC Scott?
Employees are vital to who we are and what we do. We seek employees who share our values and high standards and who dedicate themselves to progressing, growing, and expanding in their abilities. We offer a competitive compensation package, generous benefits, and professional development/training.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
IHC SCOTT is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description may not cover all our expectations for this position; we may also change our expectations at any time.
Employment is contingent on ability to pass pre-employment drug screen. We utilize E-verify and candidates must possess legal status to work in the United States.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at Scott Contracting