Expanding DJ company is looking for the right DJs for our Charlotte office. We are seeking a creative individual with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with coworkers and clients, often under deadline pressure. If you have a fun personality, not afraid to get out and get people dancing, high energy, knows music, and just like to have a good time then Join Our Team.
Please apply within Ziprecruiter, NO phone calls.
- Generate and qualify for new events.
- Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Providing music at events.
- Act as the main point of contact with the customer throughout the event.
- Perform day-to-day audio-visual functions, troubleshooting and equipment installation/repair.
- Operate and maintain AV equipment for live events.
- Coordinate, plan and arrange live events.
- Set up equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events.
- Closely follow instructions, processes and best practices as directed by venue management and events specialist.
- Treat venue property with a high level of personal and investment and ownership; conduct business practices with the highest level of professionalism.
- Develop playlists.
- Interacting with the public at parties.
- Choose music to suit your audience’s taste and the venue’s music policy.
- Operate lighting and visual effects in time to the beat.
- Create your own sounds by manipulating beats, using samples, adding extra music and sound effects.
- Keep up an entertaining and natural flow of chat
- Knowledge of musical trends
- Sales experience
- Demonstrated successful sales performance in a challenging and progressive environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced and changing
- Professional dress required
- Calling new opportunities, and previous clients
- Work with the graphic designer for new marketing tactics
- Attend bridal shows to represent the company and generate leads
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Ability to use soundboards and turntables
- Good pronunciation
- Self-motivation and proactive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to details
- Knowledge of current national news
- A keen interest in and enthusiasm for music
- A confident and outgoing personality
- A good sense of timing and coordination
- Some understanding of technical equipment
- The ability to ad-lib and 'think on your feet'
- Calmness under pressure
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to do several tasks at the same time
- Ability to lift 50-pound gear to a height of 3-4 feet and load them into trucks, as well as frequently move Audio Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across properties for various events needs.
- Associate’s Degree required, or Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of three years of experience required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends