Substitute Teacher - 2021/22 School Year
Scoot Education Stockton, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Start substitute teaching with Scoot and earn up to $180/day when you work with us! (Scroll down to read about our stellar pay!) We are hiring exceptional educators for in-person opportunities in private and charter schools across the Central Valley, with demand highest in Sacramento, Stockton & Modesto.
Scoot is hiring stellar substitute teachers ahead of the 2021/22 school year. Demand for subs is expected to be higher than ever due to COVID-19. Consistent work will be available for those wanting to return to the classroom, including full-time roles, five days a week!
Get on-boarded with Scoot so you can start teaching and working as soon as possible. This can all be done virtually from the comfort of your home - why wait?!
- have a background in and/or passion for education
- value learning above all else
- put students first and celebrate their success
- possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- prioritize training & development of our substitutes
- talk to our educators daily because we care about them
- listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
- put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
A successful Scoot sub:
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
- Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
- Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
You’ll need to:
- Take a recent TB Risk Assessment & Live Scan (We’ll cover the cost of this!)
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
You’ll get paid:
Scoot pays the highest rates among substitute providers! Your daily pay rate varies based on your credentials and the assignment.
We’re proud to pay subs the following rates for day-to-day assignments:
- CA credentialed teachers= $160-190
- 30 Day Permit teachers= $150-180
- Support Roles (Teaching Assistant, 1-to-1 aide etc) = $125-145 a day
Plus, the opportunity to earn more for long-term assignments!
Why you’ll enjoy working with Scoot:
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom ---ask us about ScootCamp!
- Invitations to happy hours + social events
People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: belief, exceptional, growth, relationships, empower, attitude, team.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply: www.scoot.education/jobs/substitute
Keywords: Kinder, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theatre Studies, Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, Vacaville, Davis, Roseville, Auburn, Fairfield
Scoot EducationWhy Work Here?
Looking to make an impact on education within the USA? Join a mission-led organization doing exactly that!
EducationView all jobs at Scoot Education