Part of a global organization who has been around for 15 years, Scoot Education has been established in Los Angeles for the last two years and are now opening up in the Bay Area for the 2019/20 school year. We are excited to expand our impact on education to this region and welcome you to be a part of doing so with us.
We work with private, independent, charter and religiously affiliated schools and are seeking an educator to provide exceptional experiences no matter where they are placed. With a number of schools already committed to partnering with Scoot, work will be available from mid-August onwards, so we are looking to get a head start in on-boarding some great educators.
Here at Scoot, we provide a personalized experience with a consultant committed to finding the right fit right away. On top of this, we pay the best rates out there in the bay! Check out our application and on-boarding process via our website @ https://www.scoot.education/disciplines/substitute
We are looking for a full-time, permanent Physical Education (P.E.) teacher for a local elementary school in Oakland, CA. We are targeting educators who live in East Bay cities such as Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, etc.
At Scoot, a teacher believes in the value of an exceptional education. The educator brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense, and professional attitude to the classroom. This individual maintains poise and composure especially in high-stress situations, and is reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff and the school community.
Our instructors understand that they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent the organization with the utmost integrity, aware that they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience working in various schools (private, independent, charter, etc.)
- Empathy, integrity, professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Strong classroom management skills
- Firm yet kind approach to managing student behavior
- A recent TB Risk Assessment
- Bachelor's Degree - no credential required
Perks of working with Scoot:
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Market-leading pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development resources to help you develop your teaching skills
- Considered as an official employee of Scoot, benefiting from the perks associated
- and so much more!
How Scoot is different:
- We are small, local, and understand urgency
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes