Senior Scientist, Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scismic is supporting the growth of a clinical stage biotech company in Boston, MA!
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the Research team as a highly talented biophysicist to contribute to progressing our early discovery projects forward. You will be part of an innovative, scientifically rigorous, and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. You will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help our company reach its potential and deliver novel patient-directed therapeutics to patients.
- You will apply your biophysical and biochemistry skills to characterize small molecule interactions with targets in order to drive drug discovery programs
- Hands-on design and execution of biophysical and biochemical assays to support lead generation and optimization
- Characterize protein and enzyme kinetics for discovery programs and binding kinetics of small molecule protein interactions
- Determine inhibitor MOA using a variety of techniques in-house and outsourced
- Validate small molecule hits from high-throughput screen
- Identify and partner with CROs to develop biochemical, biophysical, and enzymatic assays
- Collaborate with other internal teams to build translational understanding between biochemical findings and other disciplines
- Present research activities at internal and external meetings
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or similar discipline with at least 4 years of experience in a
biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in developing, trouble shooting, and running biophysical, biochemical, and enzyme assays, including SPR, NMR, native mass spectrometry, and ITC
- Experience with protein design, expression, and purification
- A passion for designing and executing lab experiments to generate impactful data and test scientific hypotheses
- Experience with automation and HTS instrumentation preferred but not required
- Skilled in data analysis and visualization (Spotfire, Vortex)
Get fresh Senior Scientist, Biochemistry and Biophysics jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.