Research Associate, R&D
Scismic Inc New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For quicker response, apply directly at https://jobs.lever.co/scismic/5d6b2bab-bcff-4c20-b6d0-ae764fc31ecd?lever-source=ZipRecruiter
Scismic is supporting the growth of a biotech company is Queens, NY! We are currently seeking Research Associates to join our growing R&D team!
R&D projects are centered around development of nucleic acid amplification-based diagnostic tests to be used in a clinical diagnostic setting. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of techniques in molecular biology to support the main project goals. A strong skill set in molecular techniques is desired, as is a basic to advanced knowledge of PCR and nucleic acid detection. The right candidate will receive advanced training in other relevant techniques on the job and have plenty of room to grow these and other skills.
- Perform molecular biology procedures, including but not limited to polymerase chain reaction (PCR), quantitative PCR, loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP), and gel electrophoresis.
- Performs all general and advanced procedures within the lab with minimal supervision.
- Assists with the ordering and tracking of laboratory supplies.
- Performs routine laboratory maintenance tasks, such as preparing stock reagents, maintaining inventory.
- Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols using advanced instrumentation/robotics to support experiments.
- Actively participate in writing and developing laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all research information.
- Able to recognize and address experimental problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- Master’s degree in related field with 1+ years of experience
-Bachelor’s in science with 2+ years of experience
-Curious and passionate for molecular biology research
- Ambitious and highly motivated, creative and well organized.
- Seeks guidance as necessary.
AddressNew York, NY
ScienceView all jobs at Scismic Inc