Scion Staffing New York, NY
- Expired: November 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position with our Client requires employees to report to work at a physical location once to twice a week. As a cautionary measure, our Client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Assist with accounts payable and pledges receivable
- Review invoices, payments and reimbursements
- Ensure that all supporting documents are in compliance
- Assist with weekly payment processing
- Maintain consultant schedules
- Handle vendor communication or correspondence via phone or email
- Assist with monthly/weekly invoices for payment
- Maintain a strong financial control environment
- Assist with month-end and year-end close by preparing monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations and various account analyses
- Relevant and progressive work experience with a nonprofit organization
- Accounts payable experience
- Working knowledge and proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of financial software operations and/or Salesforce
- Strong ability to analyze financial information and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting or related field is preferred
- Solid understanding of nonprofit accounting principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong follow through
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently
- Manage multiple tasks in fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines
- Mission-driven and passionate about social justice
This position offers a competitive starting hourly pay rate in the $35/hr to $38/hr range depending on experience as well as health, dental, vision and time off benefits after 30 days of employment! In addition, this contract-to-hire opportunity has a strong possibility to convert to a permeant role if you are the right fit! This role features a supportive hybrid remote/in-office work environment with a team full of smart, caring and encouraging individuals!
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest. Apply today!
About Our Search Firm
Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully connecting thousands of talented professionals with incredible, mission-driving organizations across the country. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
Named an Inc. 5000 Top Fastest-Growing Private Company in America, we are proud to also be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America, recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm, and identified as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! Additional information about Scion Nonprofit can be found online.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Scion Staffing