Systems Engineering Technical Advisor
Sciolex Corporation Chantilly, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sciolex Corporation is a small business currently experiencing rapid growth. The potential for growth within our close-knit company is extremely high, and chosen applicants will enter a strong team-focused environment with massive learning opportunities and upward potential.
Seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) based Systems Engineer (SETA) for a position located in Chantilly, VA. The successful applicant must exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise, deliver continuity of effort, and demonstrate value-added judgment to advise senior customer leadership on program activities. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives, and facilitate customer focused IT infrastructure provisioning.
- Operate proactively with ability to lead and execute engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation.
- Serve as primary customer interface and advocate, affording cross-functional technical and relationship management to ensure mission success while maximizing service adoption.
- Proactively perform as organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance while assisting the culture shift toward the customer’s leadership vision.
- Understand relationship between the customer’s mission delivery schedules and IT service roadmaps.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Educate consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Perform as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps to support customer mission architecture.
- Help customers navigate through IT services ordering catalog and help customer determine how to properly order their requirements.
- Assist customers in escalating their service requirements as situations dictate the need for earlier delivery than planned.
- Help IT service providers stay aware of evolving site and mission specific requirements.
- Interface with Multi-Service Integrator to determine status of consumer service deliveries.
- Work with Multi-Service Integrator to facilitate Technical Exchange Meetings between IT service providers and consumers when delivered services do not fulfill consumer’s requirements.
- Relay consumer’s IT service challenges and concerns to seniors.
- Effectively perform in a team environment- with strong verbal and writing skills; efficient in interaction with senior government and contractor leads as well as working level components
Qualifications and Experience:
- TS/SCI CI-Polygraph
- 3-6 years specific experience in Configuration Management
- Familiarity with specific configuration management techniques
- Working knowledge of JSMART tool suite
Desired Skills: Domain knowledge in areas:
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Compute IT Services (Information Technology)
- Storage IT Services
- Networking IT Services
- Software IT Services
- Data Center IT Services
- Project Oversight Management
Sciolex Corporation is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and trusted provider in the civil and defense, intelligence, and security industries. With our remarkable team of engineers, analysts, developers, program managers, and support staff, we work to solve our nation’s most intricate challenges through creative and innovative solutions.
At Sciolex Corporation, our top priorities and most valuable resources are our employees, which is why we offer a competitive total compensation package. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) who celebrates diversity in and out of our organization. Come see where your opportunities for success can flourish.
NOTICE: Sciolex Corporation NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment, service fees, or banking information to Sciolex Corporation or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Technical Services for US Government Civil and Defense Agencies