We are currently seeking a full-time, Risk Manager to support our U.S. Government customer in the Chantilly, VA area.
The role of a Risk Manager is to cultivate a team able to communicate organizational risk policies, processes, and status for the organization. They will provide hands-on development of programmatic risk assessment calculations, be technically sound enough to assess proposed controls, and deliver the Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EIQ) required to shepherd competing priorities towards harmonious outcomes. Candidates must have demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business and Information Technology (IT) processes. The duties under a Risk Management job description include the following:
· Designing, maturing, and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
· Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks
· Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating previously handled risks and comparing mitigation approaches to potential risks
· Collaborating with leadership to determine and document the organizations level of risk tolerance
· Developing proposed responses, to include recommendations for corrective actions and mitigations
· Monitoring adherence to action plans, assessing milestones, and noting control deficiencies
· Capturing, understanding, and explaining the risk to stakeholders across the organization
· Risk report tailoring to the relevant audience
· Creating continuity plans, guides, and policies designed to limit risks without encumbering productivity
· Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external stakeholders to determine mitigation statuses
· Maintaining records of decisions and claims
· Building risk awareness across the organization by providing support and training
Preferred Education and Certifications:
· A degree with an emphasis in Corporate/Enterprise Risk Management (i.e., not cyber security), or equivalent experience
· Six Sigma Black Belt
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Clear attention to detail
· The ability to refocus stakeholders to obtain clear decisions
· Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
· Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
· Ability to generate high quality written technical reports
· Ability to prepare and deliver high quality technical presentations to senior management
· Previous experience with federal risk management policies (ex: OMB A-123, ICD 503, DODI 5010.40, ND 130-1-4)
Benefits and Compensation:
We are pleased to offer a market-competitive total benefits package that includes such valuable components as: Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance, Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off, Health Savings Account (HSA), company-matched Fidelity 401k contributions, Identity-Theft Protection, Life insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and our unique Quality-of-Life Reimbursement program.
Sciolex Corporation is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and trusted provider in the civil and defense, intelligence, and security industries. With our remarkable team of engineers, analysts, developers, program managers, and support staff, we work to solve our nation’s most intricate challenges through creative and innovative solutions.
At Sciolex Corporation, our top priorities and most valuable resources are our employees, which is why we offer a competitive total compensation package. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) who celebrates diversity in and out of our organization. Come see where your opportunities for success can flourish.