Lead/Senior Software Engineer - Mission Solutions
- Posted: over a month ago
SSCI is looking to fill an Lead/Senior Software Engineer position for software projects relating to autonomy and unmanned systems.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1990 and based in Woburn, MA, Scientific Systems Company Inc. (SSCI) invents disruptive technologies, develops revolutionary solutions, and builds trusted products for our customers’ most challenging missions. SSCI focuses on the creation of AI/ML enabled capabilities to command, control, communicate with, and manage composable collections of intelligent agents, smart sensors, and autonomous platforms across all domains.
*This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.*
- Lead the architecture and design of critical software for multi-domain autonomous systems.
- Lead implementation and integration of portions of larger software designs.
- Develop system requirement specifications for the system including verification plans
- Support system modeling, design analysis, operations analysis, and requirements decomposition in support of system design
- Review specifications, requirements and other engineering documents
- Design, develop, and lead junior engineers in maintaining DevOps setups and cross-compilation build chains
- Review junior software engineer code and pull requests, and mentor junior engineers
- 8+ years experience in development, integration and test of aerospace software
- Proficiency with IDE-based object-oriented programming in C/C++ and either Python or Matlab
- Proficiency with GoogleTest and Software Unit, Component, System, and Smoke testing. Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Proficiency with networking and messaging systems (ZeroMQ, Google Protobuffer/Flatbuffer, middleware systems, ROS, TCP/UDP networking)
- USA Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.
- Experience with implementation of Flight Software
- Experience with Data Access Layers, Relational Databases, Object Relational Mapping, and/or SQLite or other SQL technologies
- Experience with distributed data architectures
- Experience Docker and containerization, including docker-compose and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with space systems, spacecraft GNC/TT&C, payload data processing
- Experience with cloud computing systems (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), Multi-Vehicle Tasking, and/or Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K, Health/Life/Disability Insurance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?