Director - Space Systems
- Medical , Life Insurance , Retirement
SSCI has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Space Systems to manage SSCI’s portfolio of space programs, projects, associated internal research and development (IRAD) and other business initiatives. The Director responsibilities include customer engagement, new business capture, technology roadmap and business campaign planning, and supervision of the Space Group Program Managers and Principal Investigators.
SSCI Space Solutions group is focused on the development, demonstration, and deployment of innovative space system solutions for US Government customers based on AI, ML and autonomy technologies.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1990 and based in Woburn, MA, Scientific Systems Company Inc. (SSCI) invents disruptive technologies, develops revolutionary solutions, and builds trusted products for our customers’ most challenging missions. SSCI focuses on the creation of AI/ML enabled capabilities to command, control, communicate with, and manage composable collections of intelligent agents, smart sensors, and autonomous platforms across all domains.
*This position requires eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.*
- Manage talented, multidisciplinary, engineering teams to meet program schedule, cost, and technical objectives of government funded multi-platform autonomy, mission management, perception, and small sat demonstration programs.
- Develop new business opportunities through direct relationships with leadership in US government and commercial space companies.
- Develop and coordinate business and technology plans and manage the successful execution of these plans to create differentiated offerings position SSCI for growth.
- Identify and attract the key human capital necessary for continued Space Group success
- Assess and report financial and technical progress vs plans
- Lead proposals and ensure on time delivery of a compliant proposal that effectively communicates and differentiates the SSCI offering
- Manage proposal team efforts including the development of work statements, schedules, budgets, coordination/evaluation of proposal inputs from the technical staff
The ideal candidate is a career Space Systems leader and experienced manager with:
- a strong technical background and a track record of successfully leading/coordinating teams to execute advanced technology programs.
- 10+ years of project/program leadership experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- significant experience working US space programs for the US Government in roles of increasing responsibility
- a demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, and manage technical staff
- a thorough understanding of program management processes, tools, and the requirements of government contracts
- The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills, a demonstrated ability to innovate, have excellent presentation and communication skills, and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Experience working with the Defense acquisition program offices, military operators, and a recent DoD security clearance are highly desired.
- Military / US government experience in the development, deployment and operation of space systems.
- Experience with geographically disbursed teams.
- Experience managing space programs with: autonomous behavior development, artificial intelligence, computer vision and/or image processing algorithm implementation,
- Knowledge of Agile development of flight software, and/or MATLAB and Simulink code generation toolsets.
Salary is competitive with market rates, with significant incentives for new business development. In addition, SSCI offers a generous benefits package, which includes Bonus Plan, 401K, and Health / Life / Disability Insurance.
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K, Health/Life/Disability Insurance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc.Reston, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.